Arriving in Australia on the Scarborough, as part of the First Fleet of boat people, Steve’s family has a genetic disposition to making noise. Some with trucks & chainsaws, others branding cattle, milking cows or ploughing fields, but few have achieved what Steve has in the world of music. Call Him Country, Bluegrass, Folk, Swing or Country Rock, but His music is eclectic.
With a growing list of Awards, including a coveted Golden Guitar, to His name, Steve proves that persistence and passion pays off! An independent musician with many “strings to His bow” and an ever increasing fan base, you’ll find Him rubbing shoulders with farmers, truckies, hippies, those less fortunate & “the stars” and giving them all a piece of the good ol’ Steve Passfield story.
With a quick wit, and always a firm grip on the entertainment ethic, Steve has the ability to draw in any crowd. His songwriting is as diverse as the instrumental music he loves to play.
Steve Passfield’s goodtime music is worth leaving the tele for!
- 36th CMAA Country Music Awards of Australia, Golden Guitar Winner – Instrumental of the Year 2008
- TIARA Winner – Barry Thornton Memorial Award – Instrumental of the Year & Nominee – Male Vocal 2008
- People’s Choice – Most Promising Future Star 2008
- Australian Songwriting Competition Top Ten 2008
- MusicOz Finalist 2008 – Instrumental
- Golden Saddle Finalist 2010
- Golden Saddle Video Finalist 2010
- Slim Dusty Community Mateship Award 2010
- CMAA Finalist 2011 – Instrumental
- Victoria & National Country Music Awards Finalist 2011
- Male Vocal, Instrumental & Bluegrass
- Canberra Songwriting Awards 2011 – winner in 5 categories.
Steve Passfield & The Handpicked Band Albums:
The Country Salute 1997
Best of Mates 1991,
Handpicked Live at The Mean Fiddler 2003
Handpicked 21st Anniversary Reunion DVD 2009
Goin’ It Alone 2008,
Timberman & Other Tales 2010
Previous Performances include World Music Festivals in Europe, Cruise Ships, and concerts with Troy Casser-Daley, Beccy Cole, Adam Harvey, The Slim Dusty Country Ball, and Australia Day Concerts for Maitland, Kuringai, The Entrance & Qantas. Festivals include The Entrance, Tamworth, Norfolk Island, The Gympie Muster, Nelson Bay Bluewater, Slim Dusty Memories, Canberra, Trundle Bush Tucker & Bony Mountain. Australian Promotions in Taiwan, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Irish Festivals in Auckland, Tullamore, Sydney City, St Patrick’s Day Parades in Auckland & Sydney, picnic race meetings in Parkes, Bedjerabong, The Lovedale Long Lunch, Mudgee small farm field days, and many other clubs, pubs and private functions.